John Lewis Southampton
Mulberry is an international fashion brand and the largest manufacturer of luxury leather goods in the United Kingdom. Originally a family-run business, with bags and belts made around a kitchen table, today Mulberry is made up of more than 1,500 people, two factories in Somerset, a digital flagship and over 120 stores worldwide.
Despite our global presence, Mulberry’s soul will always be British, and we feel that working as one big family is still essential to our success.
Be Imaginative – Mulberry is a creative company that thrives on your ideas.
Be Bold – We need people with the courage to push us forward.
Be Open – The better we talk to each other, the more effectively we work.
Be Responsible – We look after our people, our communities and our environment.
Our people embody these values and defy expectations every day. Join us!
The Mulberry team are currently hiring for a Concession Manager to lead their team in John Lewis Southampton.
Duties and responsibilities:
Customer Service and Selling
• Work with the management team to define customer service standards and employee competence to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and offering a luxury customer service experience.
• Monitor sales team KPIs
• Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics and communicate this to relevant departments in the company
• Engage, develop and maintains key relationships with the core luxury consumer
• Plan, forecast, report on sales, costs and business performance according to company requirements.
• Manage costs and overheads on all factors affecting the profitable performance of the store/concession
• Liaise with and utilise support from Merchandisers as required to maximise sales opportunities.
• Maintain communication with Head Office at all times.
• Manage, maintain and report as necessary on all merchandise/stock for stocktake and on-going.
• Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company or host store procedures and policies at all times.
• Manage the planning and implementation of the store mechanising, layout and customer traffic flow to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers.
• Manage and maintain the standard of Visual Merchandising (VM) in line with Mulberry VM guidelines.
• Manage the upkeep, cleanliness and condition of all equipment, fixtures in store/concession.
• Manage and maintain effectiveness of IT and other essential in store systems.
• Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy as required
• Liaise with internal and external authorities as necessary – Marketing, HR, Recruitment, Retail operations, Fire Services, Police, BAA etc.
People / Brand Focus
• Manage motivate and develop employees through training and coaching
• Manage employee disciplinary according to company policies (Employee Handbook) and law
• Ensure relevant HR procedures are followed i.e. appraisals, discipline, grievance etc.
• Manage Health and Safety, security and emergency systems and ensure staff capabilities are reviewed on a regular basis
• Develop personal skills through training as provided by Mulberry or by an external provider subject to company approval
• Demonstrates and understands the Mulberry values and behaviors
• Acts as an ambassador for the Mulberry brand and exhibits passion in all aspects of the role
• Communicates positively about the brand at all times
Skills and knowledge:
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Demonstrates initiative
• Ability to prioritise
• Ability to follow direction
• Second language desirable but not imperative
Experience working for a luxury brand or in a luxury environment
In return you will receive:
- Competitive basic salary
- An enviable staff discount and exclusive access to staff sales
- Pension Contributions & Life Assurance